Winter activities in Obertauern
Experience an unforgettable adventure in the snow!
Most visitors to Obertaerun are chiefly interested in skiing, as the ski region is one of the most snow-assured winter sport locations in Austria. Indeed, skiing on the 100 kilometres of Obertauern slopes is a special treat - and you can enjoy it from November through to May!
Fun in the snow is guaranteed both on the slopes and off. Cross-country skiing, winter hikes, snowshoe expeditions and other activities all allow you to enjoy the magical, idyllic winter landscapes of Obertauern. Pure natural delights and undisturbed landscapes are just waiting for you to discover them!
Skiing & and skiing in the sun
Skiing, freeriding and snowboarding for all you're worth. The variety never ends on the snow-blessed ski slopes of Obertauern. Sun worshippers find the conditions just perfect for sunshine skiing in the spring.
The extra-long winter in Obertauern is made for skiing. And, of course, for all the other adventures you might enjoy in the snow!
An extensive 26-kilometre network of cross-country ski trails stretches between Obertauern, the Gnadenalm and Tweng. Five long trails lead you through the most beautiful natural sites in the fairy-tale winter landscape.
- The Hundsfeld trail: a sunny 6 km trail leads from the Obertauern Sports Centre through the protected area around the Hundsfeldmoor.
- The Twenger Au trail: the 23 kilometres to Tweng and Mauterndorf are demanding in terms of fitness and worth every metre…
- The Gnadenalm trail: a 13 km long high trail with fantastic panoramic views at 1,350 m above sea level. Skating & classic. The Gnadenalm even has a biathlon shooting range!
- The World Cup trail: 10 km, medium difficulty. The trail begins at the Zehnerkar gondola.
The Taurach trail: 13 delightful kilometres connect Untertauern and Radstadt.
Winter hikes & snowshoe excursions
Trudging through the glittering snow is, for many people, one of the loveliest experiences of winter. If you really can't get enough of the feeling, then Obertauern is just the place for you. You can reach mystical places that are rarely seen, on foot on a winter hike or snowshoe expedition. Perhaps you might even meet some of the local wildlife. Families, in particular, love the winter expeditions through nature!
Other winter activities
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides through Obertauern
- Tobogganing on the 6.5 km stretch from the Gnadenalm
- Ice-skating on the natural ice of the Gnadenalm
- Snowboarding in the Fun Park with the 4-seater chairlift on the Kehrkopf
- Ski tours
Find out more information and insider tips for unforgettable winter activities in Obertauern from the on-site Enzian team. Book a room now for your skiing holiday at the Hotel & Zirbenspa Enzian!
Have you made a note of the dates of various activities for your winter holiday in Obertauern? No? Then find out more today about the coolest events in the ski region!